CAL FIRE FAE hiring/offers

Hop on that train FY23

3 Likes

While the hiring continues in anticipation of over 1500 retirements, newly created positions, the expiring MOU for rank & file and the agreeded upon and future costs associated with the new 66hr work week costs.

The great badge giveaway train is leaving the station for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

Dang. So you are saying they are slowing down hiring? Or after this round/year of hiring the train station won’t be having many tickets anymore?

Read the article
“Fiscal Emergency” already being talked about.
If that happens, the existing budget gets reopened.
In dollars, the projected shortfall is over $15 billion worse than the worst on record (2019/2020- 2020/2021) the Covid-19 budget. But as a percentage of the total budget, not even close to the worst.

At the end of the day, budgets matter. As a wise Sage once said “these things and people don’t work for magic beans”

2 Likes

You mean the great Governor Hair Gel ran Ca’s budget into the ground? Or, did the great super majority running the show give to much tax payer money, health care away to those not here in a legal fashion? Fool’s Gold policies and free spending w/ the great Ca giveaway’s, and the great working American man can’t get any of it! Something is amiss here and it starts with the party in control of Ca.

6 Likes

Yes, correct😁

1 Like

This always seems to happen when the government runs out of other peoples money

5 Likes

Anyone know why they have flown the FAE exam again?

1 Like

Yes. Closes Jan. Check CalFire Careers
https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Exams/Bulletin.aspx?examCD=4FS02

Yes,
The list does not contain enough people willing to work where the jobs are being offered.

The population of California is unbalanced towards Southern California. While the job offers are in North California and not enough people willing to work where the jobs are being offered.

1 Like

The exam will now be scheduled to be given every 6 months.

5 Likes

Financial budget deficit in the news quite a bit lately for state departments. I wonder if it’ll impact permanent job offers

1 Like
3 Likes

Seems this letter should have been issued after the 1st billion in debt, not 68 billion. Unfortunately, public safety will take a big hit! We know who the grinch that stole Christmas, and taxpayers money is, Newsom and his Dem. elves.

4 Likes

I’m not convinced that there will be drastic public safety cuts like we’ve seen in the past. The last two budgets, IIRC, included a lot of new positions, aircraft and tech, compared to previous budgets, and I’m not sure that the supermajority, or the Governor’s office, is going to argue that a deficit largely caused by natural disaster should be met by reducing the State’s ability to respond to the next one. (and I’m pretty certain CAGOP stray cats like Larry Elder will fail on that argument, as well.)

More likely, I think, the rate of expansion will slow down, with fewer new positions, fewer experimental tech projects, no new aircraft, and a significant number of pet projects will have to be cut from the State budget.

AFAIK, CalFire is in a pretty good position to weather this budget issue.

It doesn’t, necessarily, mean funding for your project isn’t out there, but that the State needs to pay the bills generated by Piper, and perhaps (just speculating); find ways to recover costs – the ridiculous gas price gouging that happened last summer, for example – before embarking on the next ‘moon shot’. Discretionary costs may, or may not, account for everything, but clearly there will be little to no room for impulse spending until the deficit is cleared.

If you don’t believe this deficit is mostly a consequence of Piper, then, well, I don’t know what to tell you.

1 Like

Has anyone received a job offer a FFII positions yet.

1 Like

Heard that some people accepted RRU this week.

3 Likes