Cal fire FF1 seasonal hire 2021

Does anyone know when to expect calls from cal fire about the seasonal hiring for 2021 season? & what’s it like working for cal fire (engine or crew) .

There is a good possibility calls will start going out next week so keep your phone with you and answer any calls you get from strange area codes. As for working for CAL FIRE it is no different than working for any other agency you get out of it what you put into it. If you have any specific questions I will try and answer them if I can.

1 Like

Remember also, the unit that calls you to offer a position, is going to be your best offer at that point in time. Example, you get an offer from your 3rd ranked unit, 1 and 2 aren’t going to be offering you a position that go around. It really helps if you respond promptly.

1 Like

Awesome yeah i been working for the Forest Service going on my 6th season did some crew & engine time but my overall goal its to be part of cal fire so im looking forward to get a opportunity

1 Like

Yeah thanks im willing to take any position i want to step into cal fire this year and achieve my goals, im exited and ready to put in the work. So yeah il keep my phone next to me to see if i get the call hopefully

Good luck sir!