CalFire ff1?

Has anyone got any call backs for a seasonal position as a firefighter 1? Also is it true that calling stations won’t help your chances?

From what I’ve seen in my unit, Captains get a list of FFs they can hire and they don’t know who they are other than what they can dig up on social media. I would suggest calling and/or setting up a meeting with wherever you want to go.

I haven’t heard anything either last info I got from riverside hiring was going to stations will not help your chances of getting hired.

Are you applying for the seasonal or returning? Rehire academies for some units are starting next week.

1 Like

Seasonal position

So, going station to station may not increase your chances, it puts a face to the name. It puts a face to the resume. And if the station thinks you will make a good firefighter, they can recommend hiring. So it all just depends on how you present yourself. You may look good on paper but the stations will see you and see if you will make it in Cal Fire.

5 Likes

Has anyone heard back as a non-returnee seasonal this year?

I still know some returnee buddies that have not got a start date.

I’ve heard of some weird delays and a reshuffle of the hiring system given the pandemic, has anyone heard of something similar?

1 Like

With the lack of CDCR firefighters this season…Any chance of hiring additional FF1 to supplement fire suppression capability? Camps will have Capt B sitting around…Plus with the lack of COA camp capts might have to staff engines.

Been hearing about multiple FF1 offers from HUU. Anyone hear of offers from other units?

Heard AEU unit did some hiring

Got an offer for TUU Unit. Anyone know anything about them?

1 Like

I think you have TGU and TUU mixed up!

Tulare Unit. Great group of guys. Small unit 99% of their call volume is wildland fire. The county fire department is a seperate department and runs all the medical calls etc. Basically its a wildland unit per se. You will learn a lot, they are quick to go to southern California, especially San Bernardino on fires as they are the southern unit on the east side of the valley. Always enjoy working with TUU guys.

4 Likes

TUU now has a auto aid agreement with TCFD. They run a lot more calls now. All risk calls. A lot more medical.

2 Likes

good news, as it should be.

New hire for Cal Fire Fire Fighter (basic), new hire, is based on the application process completed in November