CALFIRE Peak Staffing

Calfire has Peak Staffing until 12/31. Anyone know why?

1 Like

Maybe because of some Saint named Ana…

9 Likes

Working toward year around staffing??

1 Like

Rumor has it we aren’t getting laid off until at least December 27th. But I don’t know. We have been getting a ton of rain in north ops. I only think they are holding us until that rumored date because they don’t want another Thomas fire incident.

2 Likes

Yes, i was just thinking, Panorama BDU/ BDF over Thanksgiving 1980, LAC fires xmas eve 2000 something, Keep them on year round!

3 Likes

Another thing goin around is no longer basing staffing needs on weather or rain amounts.

1 Like

Roll right into fuel reduction :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Record breaking temps and Santa Lucia winds forecasted tomorrow… sounds like a good time to pull off a control burn, hope the laterals are charged.

1 Like

Getting pretty expensive.

A lot Fuel Reduction can be accomplished. A long with getting those piles burnt. I used to think about how expensive it was to keep those seasonal on. But…compared to Cost of the Major Fires we have had or the use of VLATS on fires. Holding them on for fuels work and responding to an Incidents(Sol Cal) sounds like a win to me. We have had 8 inches of rain at my house in Twain Harte. It’s a good start but not near enough. The green grass is coming up and the Burning conditions are great for pile burning in the Mother Lode . Just make sure you have the proper clearance and if it’s windy don’t burn and leave it unattended. Sol Cal a whole different ball game!

7 Likes

FF1s have a maximum they can work and then they need special permission to extend but even that’s limited and has to be justified.

1 Like