California Fire News & Weather

I purchased a 3000 Watt Solar generator, interface panel, transfer switch and big Tesla Storage battery. The battery is attached to the outer wall. Guess what? Full load of the house for 10 hours. Then back to recharge off Solar Panel mounted on a rack with wheels. Cuts the KW by 55% the Meter. Panel is programmable too.

3 Likes

That works for 10hrs? What if not enough sun to recharge?

This type of system works for short outages (1 day) but not efficent for longer times or for medical needs.

Are the batteries lithium like in the cars? That is an unstoppable beast if they catch fire. We should not go down that road until Musk create an automatic fire suppression system.

If I could go to the PUC hearing I could, so I hope those physically able to do go. Write you letters and call state, local and Fed legislators.
Be Safe and Thanks

1 Like

Sodium sulphur battery, Solar panels rated to chargee in darkness and the system will power the house for 4 days if necessary.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I am medical need and have had power out for over 7 days. And snow! I have a propane generator that runs it all. Gas for Cooking, water heater, propane inserts, dryer.
Be Safe and Thanks

3 Likes

When it comes time contact me. I bought my components individually and saved a bundle.

2 Likes

I will. For the battery option.
Be Safe

2 Likes
6 Likes

Raise the Jolly Roger

Seven of California’s top 20 most destructive wildfires (“most destructive” meaning fires that resulted in the most structures destroyed or lives lost), over the years have occurred in the month of October. The top three on the list after the November 2018 Camp Fire, all burned in October, including the 2017 Tubbs Fire, the 1991 Oakland Hills firestorm (with the Tunnel Fire), and the 2003 Cedar Fire.

5 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Nice new station!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Ventusky HRRR/ICON forecast for Oct 28 Sat 7pm.

Ventusky HRRR/ICON forecast for Oct 29 Sun 2pm.

2 Likes

Ventusky HRRR forecast for Oct 29 Sun 10am.

NorCal

SoCal

2 Likes
3 Likes

A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of setting five fires in Northern California in September and October, according to Cal Fire.

Steven Saunders was arrested last Monday and booked into the El Dorado County Jail in connection with suspected arson fires in El Dorado and Amador counties, Cal Fire said in a news release Saturday.

The incidents included Sept. 13 structure and vegetation fires in Pollock Pines (El Dorado County), a Sept. 14 vegetation fire in Pollock Pines, an Oct. 21 vegetation fire in River Pines (Amador County) and an Oct. 23 vegetation fire in Logtown (El Dorado County), according to the agency.

Saunders was arrested in coordination with the El Dorado County sheriff’s and district attorney’s offices and the El Dorado County Fire Protection District, Cal Fire said.

Cal Fire said it made 88 arson arrests this year through Sept. 30 and encourages the public to report suspected arsons at its tip line, 800-468-4408.

Man arrested, is suspect in 5 arson fires in Northern California (sfchronicle.com)

3 Likes

Glad he was caught!!! All those areas in the right conditions could of put a lot of life and property at risk. Not to mention the Air and Ground resources responding.

3 Likes

We should be cautious of vigilantism. Sew the wind and reap the whirlwind. I think that if there is a recent uptick of arson, then responders should be extra cautious to preserve evidence and record facts, so that investigations and court proceedings are not undermined by zeal.

4 Likes
2 Likes