California Fire News & Weather

“It’s gonna be the biggest season yet”, “Well season’s over”, don’t tempt Mother Nature and the Fire God’s! You never know until you know.

7 Likes

Seasons over

1 Like

Not only has the proverbial fat lady not started to sing yet, she hasn’t even arrived at the venue yet

25 Likes

Gotta agree with Keith and others . It is nowhere close to over! One good day of North winds and you’ll never know it sprinkled. Less than .2" (yea–2/10") in Camino at 3500’ in last 24 hours. 86* predicted for Tuesday

15 Likes

I agree as well. All we gained was complacency and a couple hundred potential dormant lightning strikes. Hope everyone enjoyed wearing a jacket for a couple days. But we still have minimum of two months left. Including wind season.

13 Likes

ENSO-neutral is expected to continue for the next several months, with La Niña favored to emerge during September-November (66% chance) and persist through the Northern Hemisphere winter 2024-25 (74% chance during November-January).

No major wind events forecasted. La Niña is coming

3 Likes

Darn. I hate when the fortune tellers determine the future. Guess I’ll go sharpen my snow plow.

7 Likes

That’s straight from NOAA. The only fortune tellers I’ll believe.

1 Like
5 Likes
5 Likes

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/line-and-davis-fires-grow-in-california-and-nevada-displacing-thousands/1689653

3 Likes
2 Likes

Going to start calling you Nostradamus

7 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Then back to heat next week… Upper 90’s expected in CenCal thru next week,

5 Likes