CBS - Fire Country

5.0 out of 5 stars An old movie but a good one!

Reviewed in the United States :us: on November 26, 2015

Verified Purchase

A take off on the real life1949 Mann Gulch fire in Montana that killed 13 smoke jumpers from Missoula. Good performances by all. Baby boomers will recognize many of the cast members to include a very young Charles Bronson.

Looks like you can find this movie on Amazon, I highly recommend it to those that enjoy good movies (Red Sky’s of Montana) to think that back in ‘52’ they could get it nearly correct…Not perfect…But way better that the crap they are coming out with now days…I had high hopes for Only the Brave, it fell way short…

1 Like

You must have missed the release of the fantastic documentary Those Who Wish Me Dead last year… ha!

1 Like

Oh yea, They Wish Me Dead, yep…pure crap…Maybe it’s best that Hollywood for the most part leave or profession alone, it would be great to see an accurate portrayal of the day in life of a hotshot crew, it could be very boring to most, most would not understand the dynamics…it’s kinda weird…lol…

2 Likes

Free on youtube

3 Likes

If anyone on Instagram you should check out Fire Department Chronicles… it’s the structure/EMS side but he will green screen himself into these type of shoes to highlight how ridiculous they are. Pretty good for a laugh.

5 Likes

Dang it! I could have saved myself 20 bucks…Aughhhhhh!
Not a Real big SMKJMPER fan, only because it’s very risky, a lot of QWCP, that’s my perception any ways…But it’s great movie just the same…Peace…

What do you think about the new show?

It has been discussed in this thread:

1 Like

Ok. Finally watched it for a grand total of 10 mins. Then a buddy asked me what took me so long. :man_shrugging:t3:

Trash

3 Likes
3 Likes

Weird, all those years running crew we tried to keep male and female inmate crews away from each other for obvious reasons. I haven’t watched the show so I’m guessing orange is still an inmate crew.

5 Likes

This is how bad it gets… The female in orange (in the picture above) is the daughter of the crew captain who showed up at the scene of a fire (its a small town and everybody knows everybody) and insisted she was going to help out. An inmate gave her the orange helmet and gear (they had a spare set laying around?) The crew captain got exasperated and relented because his daughter was determined not to leave and then the inmates showed her what to do. This show is more soap opera than anything else. Reminds me a lot of Reno 911.

8 Likes

It’s junk for sure, but I do enjoy watching it with a drink in hand while having some laughs.

4 Likes

I muscled it thru the first two episodes (hit a rough patch when the group of inmates told the Captain they were “giving up their seats” in the CDF Crew bus so a CDC guard could use it to drive some school kids to “safety” then he gets hit by lightning - did laugh a bit there…) but finally quit in the third when the inmate-lead-character has a nightmare and can’t sleep, so he gets up and takes a walk - and then he runs across his Fire Captain (also just wandering around the prison lockup) for a middle of the night heart-to-heart discussion. There is so much wrong with this show its hard to know where to start.

4 Likes

I’m really enjoying it. I would say most parts are pretty accurate. Isn’t there a lot of con crews that do gardening at rec centers. The most unrealistic part is the chief wearing web gear.

2 Likes

I think CBS brought the stoke with this show; the use of civilians, saw skills on patio covers, lightning strikes, and nepotism. The only thing missing is red team hats. I can’t wait until the MKU episode where everyone in camp gets diarrhea. However, I still think the show would be better if it was centered around a rainbow crew. I think I see a spin off coming!

6 Likes

Well everyone thanks for the insight LOL…I think this ones going to be a pass for me. They should of let
Quentin Tarantino produce it, then it might at least be worth worth watching. May not be good but interesting.

3 Likes

@Reddgroom at least Reno 911 was trying to be a comedy/parody… I am not sure what these people are trying to do lol.

5 Likes

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a worse alternate universe used to justify what is written into the script. Even my old Three Stooges firefighting episodes are more realistic. I am probably going to have to quit watching for one of two reasons, 1) the bruising on my forehead from slapping it, :man_facepalming: or 2) my wife will ban me from watching because she can’t stomach too many more episodes with the constant comments streaming out of my mouth throughout an episode. It is so hard to watch without adding the various “are you kidding me?” and related comments :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. One episode of this series undoes about 5 episodes of good the show “Emergency!” brought the fire service. This is just stupid bad.

11 Likes

I have seen chiefs in web gear…

4 Likes