Contract Counties??

Or maybe. Just maybe; it has nothing to do with observations of a singular incident and opinions that it’s;
-hard to get said red and yellow engines
-resources not getting paid
-replaced by like resources ( oes)
-not allowed to respond due to political reasoning
-etc, opinion based or unsupported by factual information.

Or at the time of post ( 7 days ago) whatever incident you were on, of the other 10,000+, 200,000+, 300,000+ acre fires actively staffed. Those resources just MIGHT be assigned outside of your vision, or possibly on same incident but different Incident base. As of August 28 there was extended attack incidents staffed in/on:
MNF,LNF,SHF,SHU,MEU,LNU,STF,SNF,CNF. Me’s thinks they may just not be on your incident.
Lastly, if you think there’s enough “toys/tools” to staff the fires of today, vs. the fires of 10 years ago? Let’s be honest, there has been no sizeable increase in anything other than the gallon capability of aircraft( lat,vlat). There aren’t more boots,engines,fire stations,crews( IHC increased),CF crews( decrease by 15%) etc out there. Yet fires acreages,ROS, general intensity, and duration of season, has changed, but not the resources trying to mitigate.

I suppose what I’m saying is, there’s reason for “red and yellow” apparatus from “down south” not being seen…and the reasons may not be as politically, or opinionated as dictated here. Or maybe they are.
Known facts are the best for problem solving, rather than W.A.G…

5 Likes