CoVID19 and IMT deployments

How long do you think before D.C. gets the idea to start deploying IMT’s for the outbreak?

Well,
Just think, we could roll into a fire assignment with teams already deployed…area command anyone…lol

carry on

1 Like

If field hospitals are built and put in service, I could see IMTs getting used for logistical support.

2 Likes

I know CAL FIRE San Diego Unit’s Type 3 IMT just got activated for the CoVID19 outbreak down there

3 Likes

what will their responsibilities be?

1 Like

Out Type 3 Team in LBC has been up and running for 2 weeks. Logistical support as well as oversight for the uptick in related responses. Lots of contingency planning as well as setting trigger points for issues in and around the City. Partnering with City Departments and incorporating them into our City Plan.

Our JIC has been in full swing in working with our Public Health Dept and the community to educate and lower the community’s anxiety.

It’s been an experience to say the least. A lot of the out-of-the-box planning for a medical incident.

3 Likes

NIMO reportedly inbound to R5 and National Area Command Teams reportedly going somewhere.

4 Likes

Information on the Area Command Teams

1 Like

Some forests now are ordering firefighters to work at home. This can change, decision currently based on lack of fire danger.

1 Like

Type 1 IMT (Short team) Allen
COVID -19 Response
WA-WAS
EOC

1 Like

Status of NW IMTs at present:

Portland NIMO (IC Day): R5 COVID Support, Vallejo, CA

ODF Team 2 (IC Cline*): Oregon COVID Support–OEM Emergency Coordination Center, Salem, OR

OSFM Team (IC Yocum): COVID Support–Oregon Health Authority, Portland, OR

OSFM Team (IC Lighty): COVID Support–King County, WA

PNW 2 (IC Allen): COVID Support–WA EOC, Fort Murray, WA

NW 13 (IC Gales): COVID Support–Spokane Health Authority, Spokane, WA

2 Likes

I am now involved as the LSC on a local organization. I am currently the only Fire person in the organization. What are the rest of you doing? How close are your organizations sticking to ICS?

Hey everyone what is camp life like? I’m hearing food is scarce and feeding is difficult. What have your experiences been ie food, showers, briefing, sleeping etc. Thanks

Just like everywhere else, social distancing and wear your mask.

Chairs for briefing are spread out and the briefing is simulcast on the radio.

Feeding is the same, other than is served in to-go containers so the option is you can eat with a few at the table or take in back to your apparatus or work station.

Can’t speak for the sleeping. I see very few tents at the current cal fire incident in FKU. Most are going to hotels, including the feds from what I am seeing.

2 Likes