Duplicate threads

It seems like every significant new start ends up with two or more threads being created. It makes it really confusing to follow as an incident develops and to know where to participate.

I know Discourse (the forum software) has an option to detect similar titles on the creation of a new thread. Maybe enabling that (if it’s disabled) would help? Or something in the topic header for each hotlist reminding people to check the category before posting?

Or maybe I’m confused between the IA and questions categories and someone can help me out there.

2 Likes

We are actively working on keeping duplicate threads to a minimum. That being said, there are typically two threads for each major incident. The IA thread is direct incident updates such as Evac orders, acreage, etc. The second thread is for Q&D which is a broader thread to ask questions and post additional comments that are not directly relating to the incident updates.

6 Likes

Appreciate all you guys do.

That difference makes total sense. I think it can be hard for me because information that maybe should go in the IA thread ends up in the questions one, and vice versa. But I know that is a tough one to do anything about.

Thanks for running everything and giving us a great place to discuss and connect.

6 Likes