Fatality Fire-Staff Ride,Case Study,SIte Visit-MAP

Good morning all,

Slightly different post/request, yet what better place to look than here!
So, I have a week of vacation coming up with nothing planned. I had a thought of using some Southwest Airlines miles and touring as many Fatality Fire sites as possible that I could tour over a one-week period for some lessons learned and information sharing.
The problem I am having is finding a basic map listing such sites so make a travel plan. Lesson learned website and NWCG(staff ride library) has some prepopulated documents listed but a map is undiscoverable to me so far. This is my phone a friend so see if anyone has or knows of such a map, IE going back to 1910?

Even better, has anyone plotted a route for a similar tour? shoot me the itinerary!

Thank you in advance.
Camo

2 Likes

This is kinda rough map sorry if this is no help. https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=107qbJe1OsJj6wO4eNTqHi8M5-gY&hl=en_US&ll=35.868441163689056%2C-116.02800066159895&z=6 It isn’t up to date it has California injuries and fatalities though I know many are missing. But if you click on the fire logo over the other states it should take you to a map of fatality and or injury sites as well, it has links for a few of them to the reports and case studies, again sorry if this is not much help.

3 Likes