FF1 offers /calls 2021

Well hopefully we get a call soon man looking forward to work for cal fire

Most rehires haven’t been called yet, but we are hearing April 12th for rehire.

Yeah thats good one of my buddies is a rehire and his going back to work march 29th , so hopefully we all get calls

1 Like

Thats good news for us and the FF1 trying to get a job at cal fire

1 Like

Just got an offer for NEU. Rank 0

2 Likes

For the person asking if categories 2 will get a call my guess is a STRONG yes… Especially down in the 3 Southern units… With the state doing away with the inmate program they will be pulling from that category… Last year in my unit, they hired category 3’s… But, I believe it was only because the state was in a rush to hire for the hand crews… From what I heard also, they hired from word of mouth/straight from the Feds with no app submitted…

Also, talking to one of the Shots Superintendents, Los Angeles County Fire Department will be hiring more FSA’s since the county is a state contract… 4-5 inmate Fire Camps will be done away with and will be back filled with permanent full time FSA’s… That means that the ANF and BDF will be taking major, MAJOR hits as far as losing personnel to the crews…

BDF took a good hit from CAL FIRE when they hired for the crews last year… But, now with both CAL FIRE and L.A. County Fire doing major hiring for their own crews… I foresee the 3 Southern Forest struggling with retention and staffing levels for the next 3-5years…

As an ex Fed, this is a downer… But, as Fed Captains, Supt’s, and Chiefs have told me, the Feds are doing this to themselves with bad business practices and leadership…

And to that person who lives in Tulare County, if you get hired for TUU, “Valla Con Diós”

2 Likes

I have personally seen the staffing problems on the BDF as I work at a Blue/Green station. 5 days a week coverage only, most days only 4/0. It is really sad what is happening to our Federal brothers & sister’s and the WO lack of concern. I have heard “rumors” that LAC is having similar issues with the FSA program and filling of positions. There is a saying “A rising tide floats all boats”. What is currently occurring in fire is more like cannibalism. People can change agencies and improve their working conditions, compensation, and retirement. The agency they leave if left with a hole to fill. So with all the new Calfire Crews, and LAC FSA Crews being staffed. These Will come at the expense of our Federal partners.

2 Likes

And until Washington understands this it will continue. And until the politicians stop looking at the bottomline and look at the effect of their decisions it will continue. Elections have consequences. The pendulum has swung from when I started in the sixties. We as employees for CF and the counties building their own crew system can feel empathy for a Federal sisters and brothers carrying a heavier load. And we can support them with our political clout, but…

2 Likes

Is there a Strong chance for category 2s will be called in the month of April for units up north for crews ?

That’s a hit and miss topic the Further north you go… Keep in mind that, they tend to run their seasonals 3-6months vs 9months down in the Southern Region units like, BDU, RRU and MVU…

But, like I stated before on my last post, the state is doing a MASS hire so, possibilities are 55-65%… But, that’s just a guesstimate on my part/my opinion…

2 Likes

My buddy in cat 2 just got picked up in a norcal unit. Stay hopeful

What unit did he get picked up at ? I’m cat 2 as well still waiting

He got picked up with TGU

3 Likes

Anyone in cat 2 get an offer today?

Nope. not yet

1 Like

Got the call this afternoon! HUU unit!

Nice congrats! Around what time? When’s start date?

Congratulations!!

Congrats! What Category?