FF1 offers /calls 2021

I’m in the same boat as you , 2 years on a shot crew as well I marked tcu as number 1

1 Like

Yeah hopefully and I hope they call soon

1 Like

Just a reminder to all of you waiting, calls are going out this week please have your phone on and either answer or return the call promptly.
Pro Tip: Have a conversation with your family ahead of time about what Units you are willing to work in so you can give a prompt yes or no answer when you receive the call.

5 Likes

Do you know what units are going to call

I know BDU is

1 Like

Heard that MVU is processing also.

2 Likes

Most of all initial hiring is over. As the majority of Engines are staffed statewide. Also, the crews were staffed first this year. Not all units have a FF1 hand crew only the units who had Inmate camps that were shutdown. IE. TGU, MEU, MVU, HUU, MEU, LMU, and others.

But then again. 4-0 surge funding etc.

Hiring is not over yet another round of hiring I heard through the grapevine in June for tcu

2 Likes

I got a call my first season in august. You never know for sure what might happen. Keep you phones on a keep hiking daily.

6 Likes

CF doesn’t hire like the feds. 2week refresher in May, bunch of BS in June then you’re off to the races? Nope, I work with folks who get laid off in July. Lucky, lol. Keep your phone on you at all times. You could be the guy spiked out on a ridge in ID on day 9 Friday, all of a sudden have service and get a call asking if you accept a position in such and such unit and your basic or FFA starts Monday. Best of luck

4 Likes

I heard sometime in June
Cat 2 here as well

1 Like

CAl fire did a reference check on me recently, so I’m assuming hiring will begin again very soon. I do know that cal fire retunes will be on early June.

2 Likes

Anyone have an idea/intel on when the next 7 week Firefighter academy in Ione starts?
Thanks in advance

June 21 is what’s on the schedule

After last year’s record-setting fire season, which burned more than 4 million acres of California land, Newsom is proposing Cal Fire’s total budget to be about $2.4 billion, a $100 million increase from his January proposal. The proposal includes an additional $38.9 million for staffing more firefighters and California National Guard crews.

So I looks like cal fire will get more money for equipment and more firefighters, so rank 2 we still have a chance

4 Likes

Any Updates ?

Heard of new hires had an academy start in mmu and I know the unit I work in next new hire is next Monday . So I’m assuming today units started one or next week

2 Likes

Anyone heard anything about mid season hires for south ops coming up?

1 Like