Firefighter Presumptive Laws?

Whos documenting their exposures?

1 Like

You document your own exposure in the system after an incident. I personally have been doing it for awhile.

2 Likes

Fed resources?

Not sure about FED’s. I know your department has to be part of CPF

2 Likes

In order for CPF to track it the department has to be signed up with CPF. However I believe the forms are downloadable for anyone to use. You would just have to keep the records yourself. Documentation is important for issues these address so I would urge everyone to partake. You might not think it is necessary now, but these complications don’t arise in the month after exposure, they take decades to manifest themselves. Still have mine in a file folder in the closet, just in case.

3 Likes

Agreed! After pre-melanoma-skin caner, a pacemaker for slow heart rate due to toxins in the Fire Service, and other maladies I would strongly encourage everyone to take exposure reporting extremely serious and take the time to do it. I can’t change my lack of taking it serious, but I hope my experience and medical conditions prompt everyone active in the Fire Service to document, document, document and keep constant track of exposures. Even if your not sure, document and write it down. Cheers!

8 Likes

If you report it and document it’s supposed to stay in department files up to 30 years. Good advice to keep copies of exposure documents and keep a good log. We do yearly chemical herbicide application and have to go through yearly training and updating msds documents, approved chemicals, ect ect. Documenting exposures is stressed heavily because if you don’t you won’t be compensated and will be responsible for covering all of the medical costs.

2 Likes

https://peronline.org/about-per/

1 Like