FIRIS - Twitter ??

Is there a reason why FIRIS seems to have gone dark with posts on Twitter (or X, or whatever it’s called today)

They were posting hot and heavy at the start of the season, but nothing on their feed since 7/14.

Thanks.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/FIRIS/status/1673854483405881344?s=19

But it says “…keep following this account as @Cal_OES elevates the program to even greater heights!” I took that to mean that the @FIRIS account would be elevated…

I get that the bigger picture program will likely grow and improve as a valued resource, but for some (like me), having access to the shared reports via Twitter was really nice.

Perhaps they’ll return…

1 Like

If you’re fire agency personnel ask OES how you can get these products all day every day, even better than Twitter. They’ll point you in the right direction, whether it’s for true intel needs if you’re an operator or if you just want to me in the “know” for whatever reason.

3 Likes

Hoping the program matures to the point that the FIRIS program hands off their intel/pics/videos to the AHJ over an incident so they can inform the public on what is happening. This may delay things 5 minutes or so for the AHJ to compose their message. The geospatial perimeters are still available to the public.

8 Likes