HI-Maui-Lahaina ???

Does anyone have any info on new fire in Lahaina? Family there and evacuating due to veg fire and high winds

3 Likes

Yep, friend just sent me a video while he’s stuck on the highway in 40 mph winds with a major black sideways column blowing hard. In the video, leaves and branches are blowing across the roadway. Its wild.

2 Likes

Maui County on their social media reporting 1000 acres… immediate evacuation in progress

4 Likes

Just got another video of multiple power lines down on the highway. Its ugly.

1 Like

Have family that just got there this afternoon any updates would be appreciated

2 Likes

7 Likes

Allow the palm trees in the photo to be your wind indicators.

11 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Video wouldn’t upload, but heres a pic. Lots of debris flying.

3 Likes

Got ahold of my family, they’re good but were right in it, vehicles around them burning on the road, full ember showers across the road. Yikes

4 Likes

Thought they said Dora was gonna pass “safely” to the south? That aint good at all! T’s & P’s for everyone in that mess…

2 Likes

The high wind warning expires at 6am local time tomorrow

2 Likes

Base all actions on current and expected fire behavior….

I think with the impact to infrastructure I’d be a hard no…. Unless you’re looking to pimp a fireline assignment….

13 Likes

Red flag ends tomorrow at 1800 hrs

High winds suppose to drop off 0600hrs.

3 Likes

Hearing the current conditions from locals and the weather conditions. Probably not.

2 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvte9rbg1Lo/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

2 Likes

Replying to whether or not I would fly here tomorrow? It is Bad here. No power, town hammered, traffic Insane. I would cancel. Im with my family sleeping in a rental van, was hit by flying metal roofing, hotel has minimal food, pool closed due to no filtration and falling palms… (not that I could get back to it…). My kids are not Loving Hawaii.

5 Likes

.Lahaina is of fire, Several building on the water have burned.
Search maui county, Maui 24/7 maui on facebook. Prayers for All.

2 Likes

Most evacuees are at the maui high school- no resources there, just a place to park and stay in your car. All they can offer is bottles of water and public restrooms. Quickly running out of parking as well

3 Likes