HI-Maui-Lahaina ???

Hearing talks a of Cal Fire IMT activation.

5 Likes

Aaahh the good ole Cal Fire Rumor Mill LOL!!

10 Likes

That would be cool . . . But since this seems to be a FEMA event, I would think one of the Type 1 Federal IIMTs in California would be considered over CF.

8 Likes

It was discussed on their conference call this morning. More will be known later today.

6 Likes

Not a rumor. The state is currently working on the EMAC process to activate CF IMT 1.

7 Likes

Team 1 is already committed to assist in the services for RRU.

2 Likes

Team 6 is in RRU

3 Likes

You are correct. My bad. Team 1 on the hard cover.

3 Likes

They came off Hand Cover at 0800 as this their normal rotation week

4 Likes

Just got official word Cal Fire IMT 1 heading to Maui.

6 Likes

It is time to get back on track with the Fire questions and discussion. Please refrain from posting your personal opinions or political beliefs. Any such post will be deleted. Many people look to this site for information about loved ones, and how their lives are affected. Let’s keep the people on that island in our thoughts and prayers

40 Likes

is this in IROC?

Might be… I got it from a very good source

1 Like

copy, trying to find in IROC, no sign.

don’t doubt ya, just wanted to see the request.

Considering Calfire currently has 4 FBAN in Canada supporting the BC Government with their fires. The thought of Calfire going out of state is not out of the question. With the amount of resources that the EMAC used in 2020 and 2021. The Governor has made it clear California will support other states.

4 Likes
3 Likes

As if we need another reason to spread compassion & kindness to each.
One of the many tough lessons of Land & Emergency Management is that many will spend a career fighting fire in other peoples I.A’s. / jurisdictions. Some will not be so 'lucky" and will have to face things like this. I know trauma is trauma BUT the trauma & shock that comes with seeing your response area erased is very real. This too is one lesson you just can’t teach in the Academy…

7 Likes

Unknown answers. Believe this is occurring EMAC and not through the federal system. With both Governor’s being from the same political party. I would assume there is a preexisting relationship. There are 4 California USAR TF on scene/enroute with TF2 getting deployed in the last 24hr. Having seen the news the last 24hr, reports on the ground, and today’s POTUS Press Briefing. Plus a “No Comment” response from POTUS when asked about the federal response. There are HUGE politics at play here. That from the outside could be compared to a
“Katrina Moment”.

9 Likes

OK, if this is accurate, then should we anticipate overhead requests in the next 2-3 days after the team in-briefs and assesses needs?

Your guess is good as mine on additional overhead requests.

2 Likes