Holiday Farm Fire OR

Is there a thread for this fire? Have family in the area.

Do you have a better location?

1 Like

Lane County, OR

I think they were asking for like road or neighborhood?
You could check this map. The red hot spots aren’t immediate, up to 12 hours old.
But the red perimeter should be pretty accurate.

https://maps.nwcg.gov/sa/?fbclid=IwAR0kcJMIlBW3dhSwQgIT6fN9gwG6Mzdj5q94zNUhi63DSUzb08K57l2M7kE#/%3F/%3F/44.1584/-122.4985/10

1 Like

Looks like the south, SE, NE, and north heat conglomerates are on logging land. I can’t find many residential that look threatened.
Is you were asking about structures surviving, the map is not necessarily an indication of loss just because the fire had come through.
Hope their property fared ok.

1 Like

Last night’s IR flight. I think around 2200hrs.

1 Like

Sorry, 515 48th street, springfield is the address

Article about fire spread in industrial tree farms during this fire. http://eugeneweekly.com/2020/09/24/fanning-the-flames/

3 Likes

Mostly accurate. Not much of an Ingalsbee fan TBH, but mostly accurate.

1 Like

Not a bad article from the Oregonian, discussing PNW East Wind events and recent fires.

1 Like

Weyerhaeuser, SPI and the like are surely going to feel this financially. What are they going to do about it I wonder?

1 Like

Hire more lobbyists.

1 Like

They have incurred large losses. You, I and they know that lobbyists are not going to do anything about losses. How can they afford to have their main resource burn like this?

1 Like

SPI has had fire on over 65,000 acres in California alone this year.

The costs get passed down the chain, wonder who is at the bottom :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Insurance Companies

Lol :joy:!!! Its all of us who buy the insurance from the insurance companies for our homes and business!

3 Likes

Exactly!!!

We all pay to keep insurance profits intact, for sure. I’m pretty sure you can’t insure standing timber/plantations. Correct me if I’m wrong, though.

1 Like

IDK but I do know ranchers can insure grass