Huge thanks!

Just wanted to give thanks to the administrators for opening this site. After the Home of the wildland firefighter went down, we were lost. It’s no fun being in the dark as to what is happening on IA and continuing incidents.
Regards,
Swampthing

18 Likes

Its nice seeing all the familiar handles and we know the staff is committed to this site because more than a few of them gave years to the old site. It felt strange not being able to get up to the minute updates during the thomas fire.

Also a big thanks to the person in coarsegold that hosts the broadcastify mmu feed and adds FKU when we get a good one. Pretty sure they are a member here.

7 Likes

I have gotten two notices today that I was not signed. But all I do is close and reenter and I am ok

1 Like

I had that a few days ago and clearing my browser history fixed it.

2 Likes

Big thanks to everyone for keeping things civil and organized, a lot of you guys are out there in the thick of it and having to manage things somewhat different this year. Things are picking up quickly and you guys are doing a great job out there.

5 Likes

Everyone should receive some sort of medal of recognition! The dangers this season can compare to war!! Every firefighter is risking it all - it’s the least California can do in my opinion!! The fatigue has got to be messing with their morale and spirits!!! I wish something could be done to help them!!!’ Prayers And love be with you all!!!
Maybe a rain dance at this point!?

Thanks to everyone willing to do this for us!!!

5 Likes

What is going on with this app… California used to be the first thing I saw when I opened it… now I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to even find California…

2 Likes

Mod’s are aware. They are a little busy or on one of the 26 major fires in the state. It will be addressed as soon as they are able. If you want it to be on top. Don’t log in. But you can’t respond to posts.

1 Like