Hurricane Hilary - Aug β€˜23

Does this work?

D

8 Likes

VentuSky HRRR is indicating that, for intents and purposes, San Diego and Imperial Counties have passed peak precipitation rates, with scattered and attenuating precipitation through to the morning.

4 Likes

It’s a Hurriquakeferno. Throw in some sharks and coked-up bears and we might have a movie.

Regarding the grass crop - last time I was in the Eastern Sierra, everything from Bridgeport to Owens Lake was remarkably green for the time of year. This might keep it green for the rest of the season. Upper elevations are still somewhat soggy. In the western foothills, the shrubbery has grown immensely and is getting drier. This could be a boon for groundwater. Hope everyone is safe out there.

7 Likes

No dozer in the picture

7 Likes

Web capture_20-8-2023_19416_water.weather.gov

NWS forecast for the San Diego River at Fashion Valley. Peaking at 8.2 feet in Action Stage before midnight tonight and falling below Action Stage tomorrow afternoon.

Santa Margarita River at Ysidora. Forecast to peak at Monitor Stage around midday tomorrow.

The New River at Wetmoreland running between El Centro and Salton Sea is expected to reach flood stage, but I don’t have a forecast graph available. The Whitewater River in Riverside County is expected to have increasing flow.

3 Likes

Yeah, well, you’re not wrong…
10 seconds with AI Art input for fire engine, hurricane, wildfire and earthquake, it spit that out.

5 Likes

Highway 177 between Desert Center and Highway 62 has been re-opened.

Highway 127 between Shoshone and the I-15 at Baker is closed.

Highway 58 between the township of Eric and the interchange north of Mojave is closed.

State Highway 395 between Highway 58 at Kramer Junction and Adelanto west of George AFB is closed. The 395 north of Highway 58 into Owens Valley remains open at this time.

Highway 14 between California City Blvd and Highway 178 is closed.

Interstates 10, 40, 15 and 8 remain open with cautions at this time.

9:40 pm PT Sun Aug 20. CalTrans Quick Map.

4 Likes

Highway 58 closed both lanes (EB and WB) at Cameron canyon. Mudslide.

2 Likes

395 closed from pearsonville to bishop

3 Likes

RVC and Fema Swift water teams had a busy and long night in Coachella valley, lots of strong work done by crews from all over the state. Still working a considerable incident in Cat City and dealing with possible bridge failure of the I-10 East span at the Whitewater River with full closure of the 10 for a while. UP tracks washed out with train derailment around Bob Hope and the 10.
Whitewater River came out of its channel at the 10 bridge and ran down to the 111 last night with massive debris flows.
Several cities were/are very isolated till roads are cleared,
Hwy 62 closed at Mission Creek with derbis flows OVER the Mission Creek bridge, which is easy 20 foot above the channel.

13 Likes