Hydroflask to Camelbak Tube Conversion

Hi all I have been making Hyrdroflask to Camelbak conversions for a couple years now. Mike Ponn a now retired FAE from Corona Fire invented this a few years back and well as soon as I saw it I had to have it. I finally made a video on how to make it. Parts are listed in the video description.

3 Likes

Nice work AJ!!!

1 Like

The camera puts on 40 lbs…

1 Like

@Drptrch turned me on to this place. This looks pretty good as it has an air gap. Wonder if there is a way to add the quick disconnect.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Here is another one @Drptrch sent me.

What I really would love to see is the straw type lid with a flip up top that was the quick disconnect male end integrated. When its flipped down its covered from the elements, flip it up and you can connect your female end of your drinking tube. That way all you have to do is disconnect and swap bottles. Nothing to unscrew etc.

2 Likes

Here’s one from HydroLid. I’ve been using this for a few weeks. This works fantastic. Holds water when not connected so it’s easy to swap bottles or connect more than one bottle at a time.

(HydroLid Hydration Systems - HydroLid)

Nice!!! Im tired of making these things! and this is way better!

Hey, I have this one and it is Bas A$$! Got it from a Cpt at MMU and I love it. I use it on my long hikes and it works great. No more bladder bag for me on fires. I got the fire kit set so I’ll have two swig lines and bottles ready to go. Cold water easy and quickly, boom, this is it. -SP

1 Like

Out with the old custom, in with the new HydroLid! So nice!

3 Likes