ICS 204 LWD field--clarification

On many ICS 204 forms there is a column for LWD. I believe this stands for last working day, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Is this the last day the resource is allowed to work? The last day they worked before the assignment on the 204? Or something else?

Thanks in advance.

It’s a federal thing, they do that for planning purposes so they don’t have you work more than 14 days

1 Like

Thanks Zacatack27. So you would list the last allowable day to work in that slot, right?

1 Like

Yes, they give you 14 days plus travel on both ends

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

just to throw a minor kink in, there is some difference of interpretation of what constitutes “day 1”. In the past in most areas, if you got to an incident during the day and were assigned to go right to work, that was day 1. At least some GACCs now are interpreting that if you did ANY travel that day, it’s still a travel day. So if you drove 2 hours, got to the fire and worked the whole shift, it’s still a travel day, so day 1 is the first day with zero travel. But all the above information is correct, LWD is for planning purposes, so Ops, plans, DIVS, etc, can see when they have a resource timing out, and plan to replace them in time if they’ll still be needed.

3 Likes