Illegal Fireworks ?

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/family-in-southern-california-say-fireworks-cause-of-devastating-house-fire/

4 Likes

I like fireworks, but as dry as the entire state is seems like it’s just asking for problems by allowing the sale of them.

6 Likes

I used to enjoy fireworks but with so many people out there now selling and using illegal fireworks I now just spend my 4th evening listening to the Scanner for dispatches near our cabin and making sure our house isn’t set on fire.

4 Likes

During the 4th of July in 2018, my wife was in Sac, while I was still in Santa Rosa. She was caring for her parents in an, I’ll say, economically challenged area. Her comment was how is it that the people with the least money can spend so much on illegal fireworks. Meanwhile, I was hearing very little. This was only 9 months after the October 2017 fires and people were very fire aware. I think at the least if you were setting illegal fireworks, people would not have hesitated to report you, and if you caused damage with illegal fireworks, then you may well have faced a lynch mob.

3 Likes

Well….we’re on the eve of the 4th and it has been non stop booming here in North County SD. Primarily coming from our west in Vista. Marine layer is rolling in and RH is ramping up quickly so hopefully that helps. Lord help us tomorrow and the rest of the weekend as the heatwave starts its grasp on the south land!!

5 Likes
4 Likes