IMT Types Question

I’m not new here or to fires in general but definitely have a few questions regarding IMT Types.

I know CDF IMT2 has its own “box.com” site, as does IMT1 and IMT4. Are there more than these three teams? If so, do they have their own “box.com” sites elsewhere? I find the info gets posted there before NIFC/Social Media.

How does each of these teams get assigned? I know once a fire reaches a certain size/complexity I generally see transitioning to IMT__. Am I running the wrong way here with that idea?

I have friends and family both retired and active in both CDF and local S.F. Bay Area agencies. I thank you all for the great info via this site and hope I can one day contribute a lot quicker than I do. As it is, I help my local community stay informed quicker than even most of the local LEO/FD/EMS guys can get updates.

Regards,

-Frank C.
KG6NLW/WQMI352

Calfire teams run a week on call rotation year around. When activated the next team is moved up to available.
Each Calfire unit or local agency has the discretion to ask for a team when the incident exceeds their ability to handle it. All Calfire teams are type 1 so in many cases the local type 3 team will handle the incident until conclusion or it transitions to a type 1 incident. This is a very broad description, but each Region is actively involved in the activation also.
Calfire teams are the statewide all risk incident management teams and can be utilized by any agency as appropriate.
All Calfire teams have a box account as of now. There is a transition to another mass storage application occuring as we speak

1 Like

Thank you @firedog1! So am I correct in there are only 3 teams at this time, IMT1, 2, and 4 or are there more that I’m not aware of?

Regards,

-Frank C.
KG6NLW/WQMI352

There are 6 teams. Of which 5 are currently deployed.
Team 5 is currently on hard cover.

@firedog1 Thank you! I guess their boxes are located differently than IMT 1, 2 and 4. I try and stay super informed for multiple reasons. If you can, unless they’re already here and I’m missing them, do you know of the links to their boxes? I’m not a “gimme” person at all, but it would be nice to have that info for when they’re local.

Regards,

-Frank C.
KG6NLW/WQMI352

I do not have them. Have been retired for a couple years. They are all basically the same and the only public facing folder is what the team allows to be seen. Usually that days IAP and public info.

1 Like

Thank you for the info @firedog1! It is much appreciated.

Regards,

-Frank C.
KG6NLW/WQMI352

I made a push several years ago for all the CF teams to follow the same naming convention for their public facing box folder. A few of the teams followed but not all. Perhaps with the transition to their new product they can all pick a common schema because it is nice to just go to calfire.box.com/calfireimtX and insert the team number for X. Im off the teams now so my influence is pretty low but I still got some friends in plans and will bring it up to them.

5 Likes

Thank you for that. I know IMT1, 2, 4 all use that schema because I have them saved. 3, 5, 7 and the rest are all ??? still!

Regards,

-Frank C.
KG6NLW/WQMI352

Find one of their iaps on ftp and grab the qr code and save it.

2 Likes

@ajohansson thanks for that tip! I just got IMT6 and IMT3 from that! I thought those were just QR codes to the online IAP which would’ve redirected me back to the non-public server. :wink:

Thank you again!

Regards,

-Frank C.
KG6NLW/WQMI352

1 Like