Resources:1 air attack 1 lead 2 seats 1 lat and 2 loads of jumpers

Hazards:
Weather:
Radio channels:
Scanner link:
Webcam link:
Agency Website:

2 Likes

This is showing up on the Missoula Interagency Dispatch Center’s wildweb as MT-FHA Elmo 2.
http://www.wildcad.net/WCMT-MDC.htm

1 Like

https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/?sat=goes-17&sec=conus&x=8041.00048828125&y=2426&z=4&angle=0&im=18&ts=1&st=0&et=0&speed=130&motion=loop&maps[borders]=white&lat=0&p[0]=fire_temperature&opacity[0]=1&pause=0&slider=-1&hide_controls=1&mouse_draw=0&follow_feature=0&follow_hide=0&s=rammb-slider&draw_color=FFD700&draw_width=6

1 Like
1 Like

Found a webcam.

1 Like

It was very visible from Kalispell this evening. Blew up pretty fast.
Power is out in most of the Flathead Valley right now
I’m not sure on the location wildcad has a Eagle Mountain Fire near Wild Bill Canyon behind Blacktail Mountain. From my vantage point that might be it

2 Likes

Disregard my Last….
Definitely the Emo2. That area is on my drive out to a few hunting spots. I can definitely see that area burning pretty hot with the afternoon winds

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s never cool when you can see your house in someone fire progression map. Keep in mind that scale is kinda misleading, that is a huge lake. At 1430 it still looks to have an inversion sitting on it. I’m on the North shore looking down. Higher elevations may have better air but I can’t see it from my angle

3 Likes

Some activity visible yesterday evening as the inversion lifted a little. Had a good lid on it today until about 1430.
But now has a large cap on it and looks to be cranking

3 Likes

3lats and Bravo 4 ASM headed to Elmo

1 Like
1 Like

Same again today as far as inversion lift and burning period. Much more unstable atmosphere today. Unable to see the western side but the Eastern side is burning hard with a large ice cap
Type 2 team (unk) took command today

4 Likes

Fire has been wind driven all morning with column bent over Flathead lake. Started around 3pm to burn much more intense. I might go for a drive later just to see if I can get better eyes on it

2 Likes

Drove out to take a look at the Northern flank. Is was hard to get a great view where I was
Anyway… looked to have definitely made some big runs today where aspect came into alignment with the wind. Most of what I saw appeared to be backing down hill into the wind. Very hard to tell from what I was able to see but appears to mostly still be on the reservation

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like