New Features [Announcement]

Hello all! Are we Ready for another Fire Season???

I’m happy to announce that the forum has two new features added as custom plugins. The first is a locations and map feature which allows any new post to have a map location associated with it. Second is a chat plugin which allows messaging between users and groups of users.

Locations Plugin:

When filling out a new topic the add location will be an option to associate geography with the reported or confirmed fire. The plugin is a little finicky about getting an address and not a lat/long so you’ll have to be patient finding the right spot or sometimes even give it an address that’s close. Excited though as I believe this will really help users and browsers to understand better where the new starts and ongoing events are at.

Babble Chat Plugin:
image look for this symbol in the bottom left corner
Allows direct and channel messaging. Tested and works well!

8 Likes

Nice work. Thanks

Bummer, Can’t seem to add a location if the original post doesn’t include it.

Any chance we can move the fire weather, Jobs and safety topics to the top banner, rather than the bottom. It might draw more action if it was on the top.

Just a thought

1 Like

Hi. I was wondering if anyone else has an issue where clicking on a link, in a thread, takes them to a white screen that stops there. The only way out is to close the app and restart it. Thanks for the help!La

I’ve had this issue as well

1 Like

@7hills can you look into this.