New Incident Posts

Everyone…It’s somewhat early in the season, but please remember to initiate a Question and Discussion thread prior to opening an IA thread and most especially when there is little to no factual intel to support it

13 Likes

Hoping this gets bumped back up to the top so people can read this again as there have been some more IA’s getting posted prior to a Q&D thread…

2 Likes

And please don’t name the post New Start. It’s sort of implied that a “new” post would be a “new” start.

This thread already has three comments, probably time to order up a team.

10 Likes

I hope it’s Rocky’s Team
Sorry I just couldn’t help myself
I’ll let myself out

2 Likes

Well for the issue of clarity.

If there are units on scene and a confirmed size up, by all means post an IA thread.

If units are still enroute, making access, or you don’t have sufficient info to start an IA thread (IE name, acres, rate of spread, etc) then a Q and D thread is the place to put.

If there is a CONFIRMED working fire, and you only have part of the info, an IA thread is acceptable. The idea being that every 1/4 acre roadside, etc doesn’t get an IA.

3 Likes

I start an IA when there is a dispatch, no units on scene, but you can see a large column of smoke, an active fire that is visible on the alertwildfire cams… something that will become IA thread worthy as soon as the size up is given and I go fill in any blanks in the IA forum

1 Like

But seriously…which strike teams are going?..and while we are at it my favorite - the nato phonetic phrase for the letter “G” is GOLF, the game/sport…not GULF as in a body of water…rant over…mods delete this immediately, its Sunday, i may or may not be drinking. Carry on.

8 Likes

Ok while we are in Spelling 101, 1 acre does not become 2 acers. It remains 2 acres.
Sincerely yours,
A904G
Panama Elementary spelling bee champ of 1971.

5 Likes

What if it’s not a Gulf but a Hotel🤭

2 Likes

the butchering of the phonetic alphabet is why we had Jim Irving add it to the 204s in the NIMS IAP. Not much help during IA but once a team gets on - no excuses for DIVS lol but good lord crew strike teams…ok i thought I was over it I guess not.

7 Likes

In the name of all that is good and decent don’t post every time a vlat makes a drop.

9 Likes

Did we find out what strike teams were going?
#prayers

3 Likes

My old BC :)). Great guy

2 Likes