Thanks and regardsmyfiosgateway.one
mobdro

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Anything further on this one?

New Start: Park (NM-N5S), discovered 5/3, 9 miles SW Picacho (33 18, - 105 18) est 400-500 acres. Requesting FWAA and 1 LAT

1 Like

I don’t like the thought of politicians trying to take the place of educated and experienced fire managers… wouldn’t be a good presidence to set IMHO

1 Like
1 Like

lots of red flag warnings and Fire weather watches

1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

The Battle Of New Mexico. As we pass through the “Spring Predictability Barrier”, a unique feature of climatology that makes it difficult to do long term forecasting and consequent resource planning, in April, maybe there will be some improvement in the seasonal outlooks.

Preparedness Levels are escalating, but in the current SPB FUD it may be a little while before the picture resolves in more detail.

May 8, 2023

The National Multi-agency Coordinating Group at NIFC increased the National Preparedness Level to PL 2 May 8 at 6 p.m. This is due to an increase in resource commitment to both wildland fire and prescribed fire across multiple Geographic Areas coupled with a request from the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Center (CIFFC) for handcrews and Incident Management Teams.
National Fire News | National Interagency Fire Center (nifc.gov)

1 Like

I dunno, but I count 4, but maybe 5, distinct shades of red and orange, and no yellow. Surely, polygon rendering accounts for the ‘5th shade’, but I ponder whether it’s accurate to believe it’s intended to convey a linear and ordinal number line of total risk. It’s possible, but I haven’t found an actual official legend that declares it.

The pace and consequence of change and confounding factors is baffling, to me. I find it difficult to imagine an AI that could simply render a color code to the public and meet humane and civil law.