Not a "good" day

Looking at the Rammb/cira satelite picture showing the smoke production this morning has not been a good day for firefighting. I see increased activity from the McFarland and the Monument fire column north adding to the smoke and I see two active heads producing a lot of smoke on the east side of the Dixie. I also see that the Caldor fire is burning but does not seem to be sending up much smoke at this time and it is drifting south. The other activities, Dixie, McFarland, Monument, etc., seem to be sending their smoke to the Northeast.

1 Like

today is no good at all I think the Dixie (my area) is going places today it is far from caught southeast wind gusts upwards of 25 maybe as much as 40 in some places

2 Likes

I hate to say it, but I believe today will be child’s play. I’m more concerned for the next 72 hours…

4 Likes

Let’s not kill anyone. These fires have been beyond control for weeks. Live another day so you can tell your grandkids about the great fires of 2021.

15 Likes

Got an updated satelite picture from Rammb/Cira and it is now showing some new developments. First there are three defined columns of smoke coming up north west of the Dixie Fire. They are probably hot spots taking off on the west side of the fire, but they look to have some “vigor” to them. The Caldor Fire south by Tahoe has now come alive and is producing more smoke and vigor also. The McFarland and Monument Fires seem to be up and running producing plenty of smoke.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 2.52.13 PM

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks for posting the shot. I don’t have the brains. One thing I am noticing is a lot of clear/clean air coming in from the Pacific blowing everything east northeast.

3 Likes