NV-HTF-Tamarack???

I have seen N7095B near the Henry, but it keeps disapearing. Nothing else here on the STF. But I hear planes and Heli flying over. Is there a proplem with flight radar?

Flightradar tends to loose track of aircraft when they’re at a lower altitude behind mountains, unless the aircraft icon is blue then it is being tracked by GPS.

3 Likes

Have they posted the IAP anywhere?

1 Like

Flight Radar is run by a network of volunteers feeding info. Just like the online scanners. If people in poor coverage areas for either have a decent network connection and a decent signal location, they can step up to fill the gaps. I know almost nothing about the details, but can point you towards people who do.

Now back to our regularly scheduled fire.

2 Likes

Has A Current IAP Been Posted Anywhere That Can Be Accessed? Thanks

A post was merged into an existing topic: CA-BTU-Dixie?

It was fine yesterday… oh well

Thank you to everyone who has gained their own personal stake in this game, but lost the situational awareness for those that are on their way to this incident, bitching about jurisdiction….really, like “Supe said put the fire out that in front of you”…let’s worry about who’s first it is later, seeing as how we aren’t the bean counters

6 Likes

I would have to check the rules again for this page, but I think I clearly read, that in fact, bean counters are welcome here also.

4 Likes

Of course, bean counters are welcome

Any chance the thunderstorm dropped a tremendous amount of rain?

1 Like

Looking at the Hawkins peak camera activity has been reduced quite a bit and getting blown back into itself at least on that section. It did rain.

4 Likes

Any threat to South Lake Tahoe? We have a vacation home up there.

No no threat to South lake at all

1 Like

I took these from Carson Pass just as a thunderstorm was developing over the fire. Lots of showers for a bit, but also lots of lightning.

33 Likes

We must have been sitting right next to each other.

12 Likes

Must have been! I stayed a got a bunch until the column collapsed and smoke obscured everything.

1 Like

I guess there’s other folks that can relate…:exploding_head:

1 Like

Matthew, that is one of the most spectacular photographs I have ever seen. Thank you.

4 Likes

Any meteorological stats on how the elevation of the thunderstorm?