TAK Information-

Got a new video out on aircraft tracking in ATAK with the new ADSB Direct plugin.

Did a little interview on the fire break podcast.

2 Likes

Great video from Colorado’s Center of Excellence on setting up AirTAK.

You can purchase your own AirTAK here.

2 Likes

The Colorado Center of Excellence has not built their own CO-TAK youtube channel and building a nice catalog of training material.

1 Like

Hi all,

I am going to be teaching a TAK UAS Course in So Cal in May with the RTC. Click on the links below for more info.

2 Likes

Another podcast on TAK from SmartFirefighting

1 Like

If you want to deploy your own TAK Server I have updated scripts available for Server 5.0 and a new tutorial video.

2 Likes

Got a great briefing this week on DART and USFS WildFire TAK program. This will be years till completely rolled out but the program has started.

https://wftak.wildfire.gov/

2 Likes

I presented on TAK at the OCFA Firefighter Tracking Summit earlier this month. I only had 30 mins and had to jam through a bunch of slides. So after I recorded myself giving the powerpoint so I could add more context in the slides and now its on youtube for anyone to checkout.

2 Likes

Got some new tutorials.

2 Likes

And the hits just keep coming…

2 Likes
1 Like

Great video on how to get UASTool up on your UAS.

1 Like

If you need Counter UAS in ATAK here is a little video to show how an additional sensor with the Drone Hone Plugin could help. Now this is only gonna help with people that are broadcasting remote ID. So I think you dealing with the uninformed joe public not someone legitimately trying to break the law.

1 Like

AJ, thanks for always posting cool information for us. Is there a new script or way to import CA Alert/Tahoe wildfire cams? The google drive file no longer works correctly. Thanks in advance if this has been posted already. I cant find any resources other than a mention on tak.gov of your script. Thanks!

Working on a sustainable integration for the alert cameras. The latest can be downloaded from www.tinyurl.com/alertfire but the camera feed rehosting isnt working at this second. Some in Tahoe that are outside of the CA feed are working.

1 Like

This isnt a sales pitch for doodle labs…its to start thinking about connectivity beyond cellular. Do you have apps that can work peer to peer?

2 Likes

I finally got around to creating a data sync video. This is probably one of the more powerful tools in TAK. I did the scenario based on an IA fire but this could expand to a full blown type 1 incident where you have your operational period mission and a planning mission. You could drop the current IAP and OPS map right into the mission, really no limits to it.

2 Likes

Modis and Viirs data for ATAK

2 Likes