Telling the truth

I can tell you why that should get flagged although not sure about the classification of inappropriate.
Regardless it is an extreme over simplification of what policies are used by both agencies and if public, or new and learning firemen and women reads the post as if it were factual then it can spread bad information through gossip.

There are so many ridiculous gossips and lies spread throughout both agencies about one another by employees that get passed down to the newer recruits that instill attitude and flat out wrong perceptions of how the opposition engages or doesnā€™t and why itā€™s ridiculous and very ignorant.

I can tell you Iā€™ve worked on both sides of the 2 big agencies and some of what I hear is laughable but not without damage to the possible cooperative relationship that should be striven for, Iā€™ve heard it from young FFs with 3-5 seasons that think they have all the answers up to 12-20 year Engineers and Captains who Iā€™ve had to teach to hand program radios and teach them a thing or 2 about burning in the timber.

Not trying to toot my own horn just stating that just because some have been around along time doesnā€™t mean they have experience in all aspects of fire, additionally some people have good reason to want to defend their organization and these type of posts usually lead to squabbles and perhaps thatā€™s why it was flagged.

Whenever someone posts something about the mission of an agency and the tactics they employ they had better be extremely thorough and careful or alternatively use words like "I believe " or " in my experience " in order to take the seriousness out of the generalization of the post.

4 Likes