This one hit me in the chest.

Just got word that long time friend and retired captain of SNF engine 31 Mark Helm has passed away.

11 Likes

Sorry for your loss brother.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about your Friend. Prayers to his family and yours.

2 Likes

Hugs and love to everyone! He will be #neverforgotten for his service to our communities!!!

2 Likes

May his memory be of a blessing to all that knew and loved him.
Thank You for your service Capt. Helm. Be Safe All.

2 Likes

271809477_238614318442999_4001574097837029946_n

Mark is top right, this picture was at the 1982 crew muster in meadow lakes.

11 Likes

Rest easy, Mark… Thank you for your years of invaluable service.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear that I had the privilege of being one of his FF for 2013-2014 his last 2 seasons before retirement he was an amazing person and mentor in the short time I worked there.

Nothing like being the last engine around to still run cotton jacket rubber lined hose!

6 Likes

Someone mentioned hose modules in the park q&d and I remembered the answer Mark gave me when i asked him about the source point fire above cascadel woods " 4000 feet of hose from whiskey ridge to the fire then had to hike it the f–k out, that made my knees hurt just then".

7 Likes

His son finally got ahold of me and now they’re setting his wife with wood for the winter and getting marks wood truck and splitter out of our meadow. I look at that truck and cry, it’s been there for so many years and now it’s going to be delivering it’s last load of wood .

11 Likes