UNIT Staffing

With lots of out of region resources coming in to assist I was curious what some of the local units had available. I noticed the Los Padres NF only has four of their 26 engines committed. All the other region 5 Forests seem to have over half of there resources committed. What’s the deal with the L.P. ?

The LPF just had a strike team return from the Ferguson.

Yes they did I saw them leave on the 27 of JULY. So almost a week later and they haven’t filled a STEN order. Something smells fishy?

Sounds like you have a lot of familiarity with the process of deployment and as such I’m sure you are also very aware there are a lot of reasons engines/crews and or STEN’s remain in their unit/jurisdiction or operational area.
Just because something “seems fishy” doesn’t mean we need to fish.

3 Likes

yeah, during my So Ops stints. maintaining regional and unit “draw downs” was always a hard thing to do. Especially during siege events.

2 Likes

Nobody likes to be the one “left at the station”(…said while sitting in my firehouse while a bunch of our folks are out at the fires) Finding that balance is a tough call and maintaining SA for our area takes discipline.

Just talked to a retired BC from BTU. His answer was “somebody has to stay home to protect the women & children”.

2 Likes