US Wildfire Strategy - Study

2 Likes

Thanks for the interesting story. Interesting how it is the firefighter’s lack of everything and more of them will fix the problem.
How about addressing the environmental groups that prevent management of healthy forests and reduce potential fire risks. Throwing huge amounts of money at the resulting fires instead of remediating the potential cause is not the solution. More resources fighting the fire will not bring back people’s homes . PREVENTION, by reducing the fuel load and hopefully preventing wildfires, or least reducing the intensity of the fires with a lessor fuel load.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Another article in the same link gives “Earth shattering new” that prescribed burns under the correct methods and times of the year makes for a healthy and more fire resistant forest ! It took a 20 year study by academics to learn what loggers and Wildland firefighters new and understood 40-50 years ago. The Native American tribes knew and practiced this long, long ago. Maybe with the academics finally agreeing, maybe more proper forest management will come back. We can only hope.

2 Likes

What study are you referencing? If its the one from Stephens and crew, they have been publishing pieces for the last 20+ years in favor of thinning, fire, and other mechanical treatments.

I’d guess >90% of forest related academics have been in the same boat for the last 25 years; it is of the utmost importance that they keep publishing pro-common sense forest management studies and articles, to counter the non-stop anti-common sense stuff that seems to get published every month by the opposing side.

2 Likes

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/extreme-heat-wildfire-smoke-harm-low-income-and-18644874.php

1 Like

So if you live in a good neighborhood next to a bad neighborhood the bad neighborhood going to be more effected. If you live in this state and go to the hospital low income, or not at all income, I believe they will sign you up right now for some kind of health care. Last I heard hospitals can’t turn you away. More Propaganda.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes