USFS closes California Forests

Yes, that would surely be helpful on the mighty timber producing forests such as the Cleveland,
Angeles and San Bernadino. Get out your rakes.

4 Likes

Not applicable in all areas as stated above.
It is hard enough to get forest supervisors to allow salvage logging post fire. In most cases the trees rot before any beneficial logging can be done.
Also, in areas of organized campgrounds, safety has been managed correctly. Logging is beneficial and I support it wholeheartedly, but Californis is a little too left to have that discussion. Not trying to offend anyone, but stating the facts.

3 Likes

Receipts from NF timber sales largely funded my career, and I support logging, but there is much opinion mixed in with your ‘facts’.

2 Likes

I was responding to teamrez comments

1 Like

I know. I’m sorry for being weird about it. Like everyone else I am more tense
and easily triggered than normal. I just want to opine that forest management and policy
is complicated.

3 Likes

Oh indeed I know
And influenced by sources that need not be in some instances.
I had a long career dealing with these issues albeit on the state side.
We could be much more proactive in many areas, but “issues” create hurdles.

3 Likes

It was a good call by the Forest Service and yes, hopefully a rare event/decision.

2 Likes

So, with these NF being closed, I am assuming that includes day use/hiking, as well? Or just camping? Pardon my ignorance.

1 Like

All recreational activities.

3 Likes

I agree with you ! The left is smashing the life out of the right! Lol

1 Like

I too have been affected by lack of logging. I get frustrated by the governments way of thinking. Only about revenue and votes!! Not the welfare of the Forrest or its citizens . I take no offense of anyone’s opinions. Maybe with enough conversation we can finally see each other’s point… ??? Besides no one knows the tone of the guy posting . So it’s a good time to be tolerant of each other.

2 Likes

Correction maybe I shouldnt say government I should say Politician s .

1 Like

Large scale salvage logging is very tough to pull off due to the NEPA process. You can do a couple 100 acres under a CE, but to really cut some timber you have to do an EA and yeah, but the time that is done and the timber is off the stump its worthless

4 Likes

Salvage logging is tough to pull off. With all the green that needs to be cut, I wonder if it’s even worth it.

1 Like

H-T opening Tuesday.

1 Like

what is: H-T???

1 Like

Humboldt-Toiyabe.

2 Likes

happy hunting or hiking

2 Likes

Lol, thank you. It was jusy an FYI. I wish I was hunting/hunting, but work gets in the way.

2 Likes

it do…ate a lot of deer tags

2 Likes