USFS Wildland Firefighter Apprenticeship

I am interesting in joining the forest service’s apprenticeship but I’m struggling to find info or contacts for the program. Does anyone know who I could talk to or where I could get more info?

1 Like

Each forest hires their own apprentices so you’ll need to be hired by a specific forest. Each forest has an apprenticeship coordinator who you can contact to ask about general number of spots and how competitive the hiring is on their particular unit. Is there any more specific info you’re looking for?

1 Like

Where could I find the contact information for the apprenticeship coordinators?

As in should I go to forests individually or is there a central place for info

Here is the WFAP link

1 Like

Apply through USAJOBS.gov The announcment number is 23-FIRE-R5P3C-WFAP-345DH Announcement opens 8/30-9/18. If you haven’t already I would create a profile and upload your resume and other required documents. you should apply for all duty locations you are willing to accept

1 Like

Thank you!

I don’t know of any comprehensive list (and if there was one I wouldn’t trust it to be up to date). If there are forests you’re interested in I’d contact module leaders and let them know that you’re interested in it. It doesn’t hurt to get your name out there, and if a particular module already has people lined up for the apprenticeship spots they might point you to another crew with openings for the program.

1 Like

I appreciate it, thank you!

1 Like