VIPR vaccination requirement

Looking to get comments from contractors regarding the VIPR email this morning requiring vaccination certificate or proof of a Covid test within the last three days.

If the requirement is only for contractors, it would be discriminatory in it’s base. If you require for one, then it has to be all.

1 Like

THis is the same form that was sent to all FS employees last week. It asks that you disclose your vaccination status, and if you are not fully vaxed you must submit to testing. However the FS has yet to say how the testing requirement will be implemented.

Another topic the Govt wont touch across the board is for those who have had Covid and can produce a Covid antigen test proving immunity. This is maybe one of the biggest overlooked factors. I have friends who have this proof and no agency or entity will accept it. Sad

7 Likes

Contractors are vendors, just like the folks who deliver water and food as well as fuel. It will be interesting to see how this is handled, especially with aviation assets. How many tankers or Helios get shut down because one person on a crew or support crew tests positive with no symptoms.

I am not stating a personal opinion one way or the other. But

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is reminding the public and health care providers that results from currently authorized SARS-CoV-2 antibody tests should not be used to evaluate a person’s level of immunity or protection from COVID-19 at any time, and especially after the person received a COVID-19 vaccination

Gov agencies are going to follow Gov agencies.

This would be the same agency that just approved a booster shot without any scientific results or tests ?
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Agree
But the big unanswered question is WHY?
listen to any talking head on tv and they are saying natural immunity from the virus is the best you can have…

7 Likes

I don’t think I understand, in the email it required Vaccination Certificate or get tested, but Vaccinated people just as easily can carry the virus why not require everyone to be tested?

3 Likes

Along the lines of a person will get tired of getting tested and will get the shots.

1 Like

Carry is not the same as Spread, an important distinction when confined in fire camp with a bunch of people. We’re trying to limit spread folks.

5 Likes

For medical information I talk w/my Dr. I don’t listen to talking heads on TV. Just sayin…

Either way, this thread looks to be a Facecrap thread in disguise…adds no usable information to this website.

9 Likes

PPE… check, curtains and lights… check… , Radio… check, Covid Vaccination Card… cricket cricket, Sorry, I can’t process your paperwork until I see the paper sir.
:syringe::drop_of_blood:

3 Likes