WildFire Intel Censorship or Content Moderation?

I’m not sure what was actually said because I joined this forum after the post was taken down, but I think you are both right. I come from the DoD world and there has to be a balance with sharing even if its not fully vetted, but caveating that it may be incorrect so the community at large knows to lean in, but also wait for further confirmation on whether its true or not. You are correct in that if people feel like they are shut down the moment they post something that may be wrong, so why say anything at all- so in those situations it would be best to say something like “do you have a source?”, “where are you hearing that?” etc. Its a way to flesh out the ground truth in a public forum while maintaining respect for each other, the forum and the mission being discussed.

5 Likes

First-last- I should hope your post is not deleted, as that is the whole point of this discussion.
You must be pretty tough yourself to jump to that conclusion. I was intending to make a point that these days bullying is almost exclusively via social media- with the pack mentality very quick to kick in.
Once again, to the point, why is your, or anyone else’s, opinion more valid than another’s?

2 Likes

I never said my opinion was more valid. Just stating my opinion. You are assuming that I feel it is.

And you know what they say about assuming…… let’s just agree to disagree my friend. Clearly we do not see each others point.

5 Likes