2019 Fire Season

Has anyone heard when seasonal rehires will be for Northern California?

Nothing yet in the usual email trails.

Lots of changes/new things in the State arena;
Fuel Crews &
National guard fuels crews coming to a theater near you!!

2 Likes

After the ski resorts close. Ha!
Dunno about the North, but S Ops has authorized hiring starting 4/15. What with the new directive, fuels crews/nat. guard projects, that doesn’t necessarily mean they will be on an engine. Will see.

1 Like

Take the time to download and read the 2019 Strategic plan released on March 7th. All the info you need is included.
Increased staffing
Fuels crews
CNG Crews
Don’t be suprised when you’re on a Charlie S/T for a 1 week assignment for VMP Project’s

1 Like

Where is the strategic plan you are talking about, do you have a link?

Top item on the Calfire Home page
Fire.ca.gov

Www.fire.ca.gov/general/45-dayreport

CNR ReHire 4/15 confirmed

With the rain still falling as we approach mid April I think it is unlikely that we will see the bottoms of the drainages cure out before mid to late July. Also all the small creeks in the drainages have had water flowing that cuts out a bit of a line. Unless we have unusually dry windy weather in June and July it is likely fires will have a difficult time crossing the lower areas of the drainages or will provide ample opportunity for suppression. This is before we get to the live FM in Brush and timber understory. I urge everyone to hold off on these predictions for another 6 to 10 weeks. At this point it is way to early to make such predictions. Plan for the worst and hope for the best. But most important stay safe all of the time regardless of conditions.

Does anyone know when second rehire will be

Rumor of may 13th

1 Like

Yes saw an email today for the 13th, unknown if its CNR wide

1 Like

2nd rehire for all of CNR is May 13th.

2 Likes

I would assume the 3rd will be bumped up as well.

Looking wet

1 Like

1 Like

Two weeks out and still wet:

1 Like

Must of missed this one today. Didn’t I know where to put it, so I just landed it here. Nothing like a fire making at run at your rollercoaster. Around 53 seconds in.

1 Like