2020 Move up/Cover

How about the 5500 series engines at ione? Pulled them out yet?

1 Like

nope, they’re still in class.

1 Like

As in they are still being used for an active class or just sitting there on the grounds?

1 Like

A COA academy started 8/17/2020
There is already an acute shortage of Company Officers. By Acute I mean 500+ New Positions, Promotions, retirements ler year. For 2020 there is only 7 COA scheduled. So that’s 336 students, if all graduate to fill 500+ positions. There is talk of opening up a 2nd COA, but the logistical component (15 engines) for starters is the major hurdle. This problem is ongoing with no real end in sight due to the retirement of the Babyboomers.

1 Like

risk vs. gain scenario - let them stay in class and we can get the entire bunch (hopefully) approved as new drivers in about 6 weeks time. If they break up the class, they get 5 staffed engines immediately, but all the COA students become firefighters again until they can finish training, so delays more drivers. a tough choice.

3 Likes

If they do end up using academy engines for a fire assignment do you still have to wear a helmet while driving?

4 Likes

I saw them staff up SBC, I was thinking more of LaCo camp crews and OCFA handcrews

2 Likes

MVU losing 2 more crews. ST9337G enroute to cover Miramonte Camp. PLC 1 and 3

1 Like

9350C covering TUU as of this morning.

Mvu 9335c to slu

1 Like

9230C planned need to SCU at 0330 tomorrow.

4 Likes

Israel has committed manpower to California…

6 Likes

Let’s Krav Maga these darn fires!

2 Likes

Looks like there are 3 teams pre-positioning in South Ops, Type 1 Young, Type 2 Harris, and EA Silver (Goldman).

1 Like

Young and EA Silver are at McClellan, Harris is prepoed on the ANF.

1 Like

AA 68MU Preposition at Cortez, CO thru next week?

Flyron as ATGS

Sent as relief AA on Cameron Peak Fire in northern Colorado.

6 Likes

CSR going in to place, holding all schedule B personnel on duty.

3 Likes

All A and B up to BC held on.

5 Likes

What about North ops? Is that the “All A and B up to BC? If so what is the CNR number?

1 Like

Sorry, CSR 47, I don’t know about CNR

2 Likes