AlertWildfire Webcam - News and Discussion

have faith. there is always a way to get the job done? it is up to all of us to find that way: no matter the resistist; with diplomacy(which is one of my many short cummings).

2 Likes

That was the RRU Juniper IC

New Grapevine webcams. Hoping we can get webcams on Cobblestone Mountain, Whitaker Peak, and Deer Peak or Jupiter mountain

4 Likes

Looks like a new set of cams popped up on Mohrhardt Ridge (North Bay) recently.

Slowly filling the gaps. Hoping that more are in the works for farther north in Mendo.

Would truly appreciate a link to any reference for planned future installations.

Cheers.

4 Likes

A new one for the Greater Tahoe Area:

http://www.alertwildfire.org/tahoe/?camera=Axis-PennValley

3 Likes

Does anyone know where I can find information about cameras going up in Mendocino county. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Publish or Perish ajohansson. Thanks for sharing your thesis, once the review committee is done.

1 Like

From the AlertWildfire website…
“300 new cameras were installed in the year following the Camp Fire (2018) in California alone, with another 300 new cameras in California slated for the 2020 fire season, with many other cameras scheduled for Nevada, Oregon and Idaho.”
“The data from these confederated networks are seamlessly incorporated into NSL’s back-end acquisition systems and presented on our Amazon Web Services website in a straightforward manner. To firefighters and first responders, it means “more cameras, more quickly”, which equals better decision making capabilities. Now dozens and dozens of cameras can be installed in a single month as the goal of 1000 cameras in California by 2022; efforts to scale up in other states are underway.”

4 Likes

@bcpaulus Ask and you shall receive. It was a fun project. I cant wait to see where this technology goes with aerial imagery, lidar and SAR from space for initial damage inspections. Nothing will replace traditional ground truthed data as it collects so many important attributes for analysis but for those initial damage numbers we have some cool tech out there right now that can get us some pretty accurate numbers.

6 Likes

Anyone else having issues with alertwildfire site reloading frequently this morning?

Yes but seems to be doing better now.

The site is getting a lot more traffic with all that has been happening and most likely was why it was slow this morning.

3 Likes

Thanks. It did stop reloading bout noon but definitely struggling with the load. Still a great resource

1 Like

This was the Mt Vaca webcams final moments.

Viewer discretion is advised.

RIP.

image image image image image

6 Likes

http://www.alertwildfire.org/northbay/index.html?camera=Axis-BuckinghamPeak1&v=81e002f

When is it often almost all Cameras in the LNU & MRN Region have fires on them?

1 Like

And all of the cameras in scu, czu, most of beu cameras.

Can someone please, confirm for me that this is still August and not Oct/Nov

3 Likes

yes…or the south would be burning like the north is now

2 Likes

New Camera: Flournoy
Shasta and Modoc
In the Sacramento Valley
http://www.alertwildfire.org/northcoast/index.html?camera=Axis-Flournoy

3 Likes

For some reason it is under the North Bay cameras, as I think it should be in the Shasta and Modoc section as it is in the Sac. Valley

4 Likes