3 letter designator:AEU
Fire name: Sliger
Location: Sliger Mine Rd. in El Dorado County (Across from Ruck-a-Chucky, off Foresthill Rd. was initial report)
Reported acres: 150 Acres on EDC side, 0 on Placer (initial potential assessment >1000ac)
Containment: 100% as of Sep. 10 morning.
Rate of spread: Forward progress halted (Initially RROS)
Report on Conditions: Minimal fire activity [Sep 6.] (Initial: Large, well defined column)
- (Immediate structure threat on Placer side will be areas closest to McKeon-Ponderosa Rd. when it comes across the river.) ([Lifted] Evacuation of Sliger Mine Rd. to Spanish Dry Diggins on order on El Dorado side.)
- ([Lifted moring of Sep. 6]Reverse 911: Immediate Evacuations Ordered for McKeon-Ponderosa Rd., Moshiron Way. and Drivers Flat. 15:28 Sep 4)
Priorities: Keep fire on EDC side of river. Fire crossing river triggers VLAT.
- Ground Resources: 35 Engines (mostly brush rigs), 4 dozers, 4 tenders, 14 crews. (13 engines & 4 crews assigned to Placer contingency group.)
- Staging: Engines to Raley’s lot at Foresthill@Lincoln off I80; Some staged at Drivers Flat on Foresthill
- Organization: Branch-III - Foresthill (Placer) side; Branch-I AEU in EDC.
- Air-ops base: Camino
- Air resources assigned to the fire: Air-Attack, 3 Rotor (Type II/I)
- Air resources ordered/available: 2 Heavy Tankers, 5 S2, (2 VLAT orders trigger if fire crosses river)
Weather: 94F 20%RH WSW6 IC73 SC42 BI129 (16:50 Sept. 5)
Radio channels: CDF-Tac5 Cmd2-Tone5 Air-to-Ground-3
Scanner link: https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/20666/web
Webcam link: Bald Mountain @ http://www.alertwildfire.org/tahoe/firecams.html
Agency Website: http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/2238