CA-ANF-Bobcat???

Good thing the T-shirt vendors are close by already!

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: you do have a point

1 Like

Since it does not seem like visibility will improve, perhaps it is a good idea to try and get some helitankers ordered up and set up a dip for retardant. Can try and build some line between the communities if visibility permits?

2 Likes

Good luck with that, with the amount of fire in the state they would have to pull some teeth to even get that rolling…

4 Likes

This having to get permission for retardant, dozers, chainsaws in the wilderness.sucks. AA was just advised to keep retardant out of wilderness.

getting 4 LATs AND 1 VLAT

2 Likes

IDK but with what’s happening all up and down the Western States, maybe a little red stuff in the Wilderness wouldn’t hurt…Not trying to get in a pissing contest with anyone, this is just how I see things at this time. People are tired, equipment getting hammered, and mother earth is taking a beating.

7 Likes

Agree. maybe down the road we will have a mile or so buffer in wilderness without restrictions on fire resources. I love the wilderness, but, unfortunately, fires do not recognize boundaries.
living in Wrightwood, I do have a dog, actually two labs, in this fight

7 Likes

I agree with you guys the damage that The red can cause is minimal compared to loss of life and loss of homes!
Something is going to have to Give!

3 Likes

Sometimes the red stuff falls in places it’s not supposed too…

1 Like

it do…but so does fire

4 Likes

That’s why I said that

1 Like

Per local news: The city of Arcadia has ordered all residents north of Elkins Avenue and east of Santa Anita Avenue to evacuate due to “dangerous wildfire conditions.” Officials advised residents in to use Santa Anita Avenue to leave.

Looks like the inversion layer has lifted and created fire conditions ripe for rapid growth.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the Comm plan

1 Like

Good view of it coming over the ridge. Pretty active fire front

http://www.alertwildfire.org/orangecoca/index.html?camera=Axis-Harvard2&v=81e002f

3 Likes

All areas have their issues. the LP has steep terrain, heavy fuel loading, and the heaviest and largest poison oak; the sierras have snags, really big steep terrain: but LAC front country (I hated dearly) had steep terrain, heavy brush and poison oak…but worst of all was those mean yellow jackets!!!

9 Likes

Does anyone know how Mt Wilson is doing? I know they had some crews up there but I heard at one point the fire was right at the “doorstep”.

1 Like

I don’t have the extensive fire mapping programs… but I was wondering if this was near the 1997 Narrows Fire? The “Charmin” Fire was in some steep country. There is a Nat Geo tanker story that showed the fire as well.

headed towards it. not there…yet.

1 Like

Roughly, as this area isn’t in my wheelhouse of familiarity, as this approaches Pear Blossom Hwy, how far East of where the Ranch Fire to the Pear Blossom is this?

Quite a ways
This is on the desert slope of the San Gabriel
20 ish miles?

2 Likes