CA-BDF-Line ???

Keller Peak Camera looks like there might have been a wind shift, now out of the east. This should be good and push the fire back on its self.

3 Likes

You thinking more into Sec 35 than 34? Either way, that is all large timber with manzanita understory. That same cover extends all the way down to Boulder Bay and the Village. And you have the Bluff Lake Preserve and Champion Lodgepole in section 34. Pretty special place.

3 Likes

Yea I think it’s definitely into section 35 and backing down/flanking the ridge running up through Section 1 and section 12. Bear Peak South 2 camera has a good shot looking straight down the drainage. Starting to get up canyon winds and fire appears to be on the south side of the drainage as well. Instability is also building in the atmosphere as seen on the Summit West Camera.

5 Likes

5 Likes

With the high pressure generally North and East of So Cal it’s a double edge sword here. Very hot and dry, but at least some components of this East wind both day and night are keeping this fire from running hard to the East and making it primarily topographic and fuels driven. Very concerned for a strong west or south wind. Think of what the lake fire did just few miles to the South amd East of where the fire is at now. Thankfully that doesn’t seem to be in the cards for 7 days or so?

6 Likes

Is that Branch xx? Or activity further west now?

2 Likes

Is this really happening right now?! Sarcasm of course… that’s in the 500 acre island

3 Likes

Branch X, in the island below Hwy 330

3 Likes

Above 330, below 18

3 Likes

Above the switchback portion of 330, below the intersection of 330 & 18

5 Likes

Firing off of highway 38 in Angeles oaks area.

5 Likes

East of the store?

2 Likes

Unknown my son is there and I don’t like bothering him. He text me now and then to let me know what they’re doing

4 Likes

The fire has crossed Highway 38 and is burning in the El Dorado fire scar.

https://x.com/FirePhotoGirl/status/1840899453756244267

6 Likes

ST9420C Just toned out for this incident

8 Likes

Any good scanner links that are worth listening to for the incident? Just Heard TCU dispatch 9440C strike team, also a Fed crew was sent back down there today.

2 Likes

bigbearscanner.com

3 Likes

Awesome thank you!

2 Likes

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/line-fire-flare-up-in-san-bernardino-mountains-prompts-more-evacuations-warnings/

3 Likes

Tonights view from the east

11 Likes