CA-BDF-Line ???

Today looks to be a rough day ahead…

12 Likes
2 Likes

Currently 84 with RH at 26% in Highland heading for 107 today… The heat has been extended on into early next week. Going to make things rough next couple days or so.

2 Likes

Any reported structure threats or future impacts? I’m struggling to pick up radio traffic. Also have the updated there box?

1 Like

If it crosses N109 on the upper end it will have a straight shot into Fedbalba which has tight and narrow roads and is just outside Running Springs and Arrowbear. Those areas have a ton of homes and it can quickly get congested with traffic.
The fuel loading is heavy in that area and limited access points. N109 is not a road to be caught on with this type of fire, limited turn around points and is narrow.

5 Likes

Mandatory evacs along Hwy 38 now.

3 Likes

QR for this incident?

1 Like

The evac order is for Greenspot Rd to hwy 38. East of the Seven Oaks Dam

4 Likes

It’s Calle De Rio Street ( 7 Oaks) to Greenspot to the 38…they built a box but there are alot of homes scattered in that area and alot of orange farms… for the locals it’s pretty much the Iron Bridge to the 38 ( Mill Creek Road) which is the Mentone community. From 7 Oaks to the 38 is not far at all and alot of open country.

10 miles drive time from the 38 to 7 Oaks dam

3 Likes

This is what Watch Duty has listed?..

ScreenHunter 1034

3 Likes

Just heard from a reputable county operator that the state is loading up this federal forest fire with state and contract equipment that are timing out or being released from up north. I find this rather annoying because I know for a fact that a Forest dozer is sitting on their trailer less than 45min from this incident. especially with evacs. I’m surprised closest recourse isn’t a thing.

4 Likes

There has to be resources available for IA!

13 Likes

Its BDF ordering point, how does that work?

2 Likes

Yeah, Calla Rio is at 7 Oaks dam , the way it’s moving it’s being pushed to the 38 which runs in the Mentone Community. Greenspot turns in Flordia and Garner which is in the path of direction and ends at 38, at the street name change is around the area of city limits . There are a ton of homes and farms in that area that are in the path. From the 38 to 7 Oaks dam is only 10 miles or so by vehicle. I live on the area and it has a direct line of sight of sight to the upper part of Mentone, if hits the 38 it will either hit Yucaipa area, Forest falls area but the Mentone area will be impacted first. Lots of open land with lots of fuel that has not see a decent fire in years.

3 Likes

When I worked in YNP the local Park resources would be at station while a campaign fire raged in our back yard…been like this forever

4 Likes

Not sure but its a state team if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. All ordering goes through the forest and is filled with Viper.

9 Likes

And the commitment of BDF resources is at the discretion of the BDF Duty Officer.

9 Likes

Take a gander at the full camera Keller Peak and Running Springs cams, not the aimed portion.

3 Likes

Red Book says to exhaust fed prior to hired equipment for immediate need.

3 Likes