CA-BDF-Line ???

at this point in the incident I believe it will sent to South Ops to fill the orders.

3 Likes

Enough of who should get dispatched or not. Get back on topic and let the Agency Managers do their jobs.

31 Likes

I don’t dispute that. I’m simply saying ordering is ordering regardless of state or fed team, IA, extended, or major the process is the process.

3 Likes

I get it. “the system works”

3 Likes

Is there a IAP out yet.

3 Likes

Clouds building early, could be a good thing, but then???

4 Likes

Anyone have buddies assigned with insight on current conditions on the line??

1 Like

AA stated 40 King (LE helicopter) is going to start flying through the drainage west of Harrison Mountain, just west of the TFR to make PA announcements evacuating any homeless encampments that might be in that area. It appears the fire is working west.

4 Likes

Most likely pretty HOT and nasty given current weather lol. Not sure how much and where direct is happening right now.

4 Likes

Looks well established in the Santa Ana River behind the dam.

3 Likes

Alot homeless camps down in the drainages off the 330 , they hang out along the creek area .

2 Likes

Yeah it’s cranking, Highway 38 is shut down at Garnet, if it keep up it’s going to impact the homes the wind has picked up as well, Mentone is going to be on warning soon.
Thunderstorms in the area is not good because we get alot of winds that push it every which direction.

2 Likes

Any fixed-wing aircraft working the fire? Only seeing air attack and H538 on ADS-B at the moment.

1 Like

Fixed wing may be smoked out based on the cams

3 Likes

Column as of 1100 from S/W Yucaipa.

12 Likes

That fire is gonna be in Running Springs/330/Arrowbear long before it gets anywhere near Mentone

2 Likes

As of 30 minutes ago, AA was up with a couple Copters. No fixed wing due to visibility.

7 Likes

I’m old enough to remember when, days after the 2003 Old Fire started, it shot up the mountain faces and into the upper wilderness in three separate locations after the Santa Ana winds finally relented and the onshore flow encouraged the line northward.

Running Springs could be facing biblical destruction. That needs to be considered right now, conditions are simply that bad in this cut.

I had a friend recently working up there who would go on hikes and these are some of the shots he took. The overgrowth from the Old Fire and 2007 Slide Fire gives the impression of a tinderbox ready to explode.

13 Likes

And the Old Fire didnt have this wind factor

7 Likes

Mandatory evacs of Running Springs issued

8 Likes