CA-BTU-Camp??

Billie Park is completely gone for the most part. A couple of homes still standing

And information on Nimshew Road up in Magalia

Hearing report of potential ignition on lower (south) Doe Mill near Schott Rd. in Forest Ranch. Any confirmation? There has been good work on upper Doe Mill between Schott and Garland Road including recent fuel reductions and Rx fire.

1 Like

I drove through paradise up skyway last night. I went to wag staff. Then turned on rocky ln. I did not see a single home left where I was. I did notice holiday market, and two auto parts stores still standing. Other than that it was total devastation on both sides of the road. There was some fairly large homes still standing right before you get into paradise. Maybe 2 or 3. It was incredible to see especially since the fire had moved through 10 hours before I got there. But it was still an active firefight. You would have thought the fire just moved through if you didn’t know better.

Does anyone have any information on Butte Creek Canyon. Our family’s ranch is on Centerville Road, across the street from Diamondville. I had seen that the covered bridge was burned down but that was further down the canyon.
Any information is appreciated :pray:t2::pray:t2:

Surely, that is an estimate. It is way too early in the suppression effort for anyone to have a solid number of actual structures destroyed.

Damage Assessment team had a full day today to do intel. The final number will be north of that 6,713 figure. When entire areas are a complete loss, it’s then just a quick county search to fill in the structure loss. Can make the entire process much quicker.

2 Likes

not disputing the massive scale of the damage… just thought the exact number (xx13?) was obviously not going to be as final a number as it sounds.

2 Likes

They have to have a number on the damage assessment to submit it. Hence, the number. The ultimate total will be horrendous…stand by.

2 Likes

Really? I can’t understand why the numbers are so important at this point. Like it has been said, it will be a horrendous number. The numbers will come out and will be updated daily.

The operational period has to be documented and as the end of each period arrives, the information is obtained. It’s just one of those emergency / disaster response things. It gives the incident planners a good idea of what needs to be ordered and where resources may be sent.

3 Likes

Damage assessment is a critical part of the management process. It allows for recovery processes to initiate such as disaster declarations for funding purposes. It’s not as exciting as the firefighting but in a disaster such as this it’s essential to get assistance to people. Important? You betcha.

7 Likes

Update: We just found out that my grandmas house and ranch are devastated.

I’m so sorry. :slightly_frowning_face:What a tough blow for your family.

Can we get links for the best agencies to donate money and household goods too?

So very sorry! Several of our family have lost their homes too. So heartbreaking. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Dont think people are ready to deal with donations. It’s going to take awhile for containment and then for rebuilding if they choose. Maybe check with the shelters and see what the priority needs are they may need to help support them.

1 Like

A good first start is Red Cross. A good second is to look to local organizations, such as churches, etc. Possibly, calling evacuation centers will let you know what they need. Often, those are personal care items, basic clothing (underwear and socks, etc) or pet supplies. If you want to donate money, donate for specific relief causes. Unfortunately, crooks come out of the woodwork on disasters. Household goods can help, but when people lose everything they also lose the ability to store or use household goods. Those can come in handy later in the recovery process. Make some calls, find out what is needed and then organize a community response to help. This is gonna be a long process and will effect a really wide range of people, communities and our northern CA region.

6 Likes

Any pending type 3 requests?

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t be discouraging people from donating. There will be places in chico to bank stuff, we are working on figuring out where those places are right now. People need things like new underwear right now. DONATE DONATE DONATE

1 Like