CA-BTU-Dixie(contained)

Currently in the lake Almanor country club area. Evacuation sirens going off.

2 Likes

IMET just put out a weather alert…gusty outflow winds will arrive 11:15-11:30 blowing from east to west. 25-35mph (if I heard correctly)

3 Likes

That is correct.

5 Likes

Westwood is in peril it seems.

Based on what the IMET said, winds will come from the east…might buy them some time ?

Yeah, Im estimating less than 4 miles away from the town

1 Like

The outflow boundary with about 35 MPH winds is here. But it’s directed more to the northwest away from the fire, based on the radar output of it.

There are some cells approaching from the south that need to be monitored as well. Bad situation regardless of wind direction due to the convective element and little rain.

8 Likes

data package is posted. maps.takserver.us

No IR data posted.

2 Likes

This site is primarily populated by firefighters, who generally use the site to gain a little situational awareness before getting to a developing fire. Once we’re at the fire, posting play by play updates isn’t much of a priority. Especially considering there’s generally much less need once the media machine takes over. I’m thankful this site isn’t the same s***show of voracious attention-seekers that Twitter is.

35 Likes

Tweet from the IMET on the Dixie

1 Like

New Evac orders at 3:55

3 Likes

537,776 acres and 31% contained

6 Likes

data package is posted for the dixie - maps.takserver.us

The are making a mobile optimized version on the west side so you will see those in there as individual packages. They render extremely well in ATAK.

2 Likes

Dixie Fire - 8/14/2021 Update.

Large areas of fire growth yesterday were on Coyote Peak and west of Willow Lake. No real growth toward Westwood, Clear Creek, Hamilton Branch, East Shore, or the Peninsula. Chester, Lake Almanor West and Prattville are still fine.

New post with updated detailed maps from 6:30 this morning and discussion.
https://the-lookout.org/2021/08/14/dixie-fire-8-14-2021-morning/

14 Likes

Tankers 102 & 15 are working the highway 89 and 36 area.

4 Likes

Don’t remember seeing this IWI on the thread. 4 CF firefighters, including a captain injured by a falling tree on the Dixie. NBC just showed the Captain being flown and landing in San Diego for continued treatment. Happened early in the week and sounds like he was extremely lucky. News said they were all from Rainbow crew 5. Hope for a speedy recovery!!!

Four Cal Fire San Diego Firefighters, Including Fire Captain, Injured in Dixie Fire – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

6 Likes

I know I saw the Blue Sheet on here, but I dunno when it was posted — glad he’s close to home and praying for rapid recovery!`

5 Likes

Add a couple of MAFFS and a VLAT.

1 Like

Incident occurred on Aug 7th.

Blue sheet came out 24 hours after.

6 Likes

3 Likes