CA-BTU-Dixie?

AA talking to ground resources about a lot of spots along the 44 corridor. Sounds like a few across 44.

2 Likes

any mention of the power line or fiber along hiway 44?

A lot of bomber activity working on the run the fire made to lake Davis a while ago. I think they must have been scooping water given how long they were able to stay in the area. Just saw what looked like a twin jet do a run E of the lake. Lots of fire trucks getting familiar with the area… good to see all the hard work going on.

1 Like

Here is IR from about noon of the most active area, west of Bogard.

9 Likes

Saw two Bridger Aerospace Super Scoopers working the Grizzly to Lake Davis area yesterday. Back and forth to Little Grass Valley Reservoir (checked on FlightRadar). Very impressive!

8 Likes

Edit: Ah I see what you mean. you downloaded the zip file from the FTP site. No there are not KML files in there. You have to process the data with another tool. I discuss it here:

Also, I have uploaded 083121 files since then:

Hey Zeke, Got any new IR for the Lake Davis area? Thanks…

Why are they trying to fire a North/south running line with a stiff west to southwest wind?

2 Likes

Thanks again…

I’m thinking it was more of a hail mary play the way that thing ran yesterday. But still, with the way the winds were, it probably would not have enough depth to stop anything anyway. Just looking at that little burn and having it spot over the hill proves that. Lookout Milford!!!

1 Like

Pyramid or the Black Rock…

1 Like

You better slow your roll cowboy! Cuz you’re making way too much sense! All that crazy talk about too much fire on the ground is gonna put you in the crosshairs of all the folk that live/bleed to burn burn burn… On a more serious note - history has shown us that there is a good time and a bad time to be putting more fire down in that country/fuel type. Humans just dont seem to want to learn that lesson tho and so the history of lighting & loosing continues… #Truth! P.s. Let me clarify for those assuming my bloviation about putting fire on the Dixie ground is coming from an ignorant position - it is not. It comes from being boots on that exact ground for over 15 yrs of Rx & wildfire experience and a lot of personal blood sweat & tears put down in the lava rocks up there. Also, my comment regarding humans putting fire down when they shouldn’t isnt pointed at any one agency - we’ve all been guilty of it - its not a jab at the red or green or BLM or NPS army. Just an FYI…

14 Likes

Even If it didn’t spot it wouldn’t have held the head coming from the firing op further west. The spot has run about 7 miles.

2 Likes

So I’m wondering if some of what I’m seeing here is firing ops (wind has died down). That’s looking NW across lake Davis.

It was a firing op but has gotten out of hand.

2 Likes

There are no spots across 44.

2 Likes
1 Like

Traveling down 395 at Herlong junction. Sure hope the column is from a firing op. Looking pretty intense.

looking north from Dyer Mnt towards silver lake area, east of black butte mnt

3 Likes

Might explain why mandatory evac notices went out for Milford a few minutes ago.

1 Like